SUMMER HOLIDAY COURSE - MONDAY 24TH JULY TO FRIDAY 11TH AUGUST
Are you a qualified English teacher/experienced tutor looking to break away from the traditional classroom environment? Does the idea of guiding bright Key Stage 2 pupils toward their upcoming 11+ exams excite you? Do you want to earn some more money during the School Holidays with guaranteed daily hours?
OxBridge Centre is looking for a teacher like you for our upcoming SUMMER Course!
- King's College School, Southside, Wimbledon Common, London SW19 4TT
- OxBridge Centre (Sutton), Willow House, 47 West Street, Sutton SM1 1SJ
- Online Lessons via Big Blue Button.
We are looking for English tutors who have availability from 9AM until 4PM from Monday to Friday for the 3 weeks of the Summer Course.
At OxBridge Centre, we specialise in 11+ preparation for our students. We combine excellent tutors with keen and inquisitive learners to create engaging learning environments. Our tutors guide students on a learning journey where they build understanding of complex topics and advanced skills through empathetic teaching. This is the OxBridge way!
Amazing OxBridge Centre Benefits:
- Guaranteed hours through the school holidays: You can be absolutely certain you will be teaching regular classes on a daily basis during the Holiday Courses that we run. You can rest assured once your classes have been assigned!
- No need to create Lesson Resources: The days of spending hours meticulously crafting lessons are behind you. We produce robust and tested materials for all our lessons to allow our tutors to focus on the thing that matters the most - teaching!
- Timely payments for your work: We know how valuable your time is and appreciate you lending your teaching skills to our classes. We pay all of our tutors on the 6th of each month like clockwork so you will no longer need to chase clients endlessly for payment for the hours you have worked.
- Client management handled by our dedicated team: Gone are the days of fielding dozens of requests and spending evenings off meeting with parents. With our dedicated and friendly Student Support Team, you provide the feedback and they will liaise with parents on your behalf, to bring out the absolute best in your students.
- Dedicated Tutor Support: Need to discuss your workload, a challenging student, or timetable and not sure who to speak to? Not to worry! From your first day as a Tutor at Oxbridge, you will have a Tutor Liaison team staffed with qualified and experienced teachers on hand to support you.
- Attractive Pay and Progression: We value our Tutor Team's work and we have a clear pay structure that rewards performance during your time teaching with us.
What we expect from our tutors:
- Excellent English teaching, sparking a passion for learning in our students.
- Timely Homework Marking: Our Holiday Courses are intensive for our students with daily homework submissions. As such, our tutors are required to mark homework on a daily basis during the course.
- Recording/Provision of Feedback: Our students are at a crucial point of their learning journey in preparation for 11+ examinations. In light of this, our tutors must provide actionable feedback for the students they teach regularly.
In keeping with our expectations and in order to maintain a strong standard of teaching and learning in our classrooms, we have some minimum and recommended requirements for the role you are applying for. Please review these below:
Candidates will have:
- 3 Year's Tutoring/Teaching Experience in English
- Passion for teaching English
It is preferred if candidates:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Have QTS
- Intimate knowledge of the UK curriculum and 11+ requirements
If this sounds like a role that is a perfect fit for you, we are eager to hear from you! We will review your application and will be in touch soon.
If you are keen for additional holiday work beyond just the Summer Holiday, we also have Intensive Courses running:
- During the October Half Term
- During the February Half Term
- During the Easter Holiday
If you are Interested in any of these opportunities, please do not hesitate to apply.
Please note: On receipt of your application, you will be sent a screening questionnaire to complete. Please check your Spam/Junk folder for this email and ensure the questionnaire is completed as soon as possible.