Are you a skilled and motivated English teacher based in Sutton or New Malden looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you have a passion for applying your knowledge of English to teaching and inspiring young minds? OxBridge Centre is looking for teachers like you to prepare our students for their 11+ examinations!
At OxBridge Centre, we focus on teaching concepts, not questions. Our mission statement is to inspire our students to achieve things they never thought possible. We do this through an empathetic, guided and engaging approach to each and every lesson.
OxBridge Centre run regular classes on weekday evenings and weekends. This role is ideal for a teacher or experienced tutor looking for a part time role around their existing commitments to supplement their income.
SUTTON: 47 West Street, Sutton, SM1 1SJ
NEW MALDEN: 118 Blagdon Road, New Malden, KT3 4AE
- All resources produced and provided in-house: No more hours spent meticulously crafting resources for your lessons. We also review all Secondary materials prior to releasing them to our tutors so there is significant quality assurance.
- Flexible working schedule: Only available for one hour a week, five or even twenty? Simply let us know your schedule and we will allocate regular classes that fit within it during our operating hours of 4pm-8pm (Mon-Fri) and 10am-4pm (Saturday).
- Holiday Classes: Need some extra money during the school holidays? OxBridge Centre run Holiday Courses throughout the year which provide our high quality tutors with a fixed timetable of daily classes
- Dedicated Student Support Team: We have a dedicated team in office who liaise with parents on your behalf regarding student progress and feedback. You can focus on teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Dedicated Tutor Liaison Team: Having any issues with materials, concerned about your timetable or whether to expand your availability? Our Tutor Liaison team remains on hand to support you in finding solutions to issues you may encounter.
- Attractive Starting Hourly Rate: All of our wonderful tutors typically begin their journey in Pay Band 1, which is £20 per hour for basic Primary lessons, and £25 per hour for Essay Writing classes.
- Pay Progression: We work closely with our tutors to ensure performance targets are met and as much feedback is provided as possible. Our tutors can progress through our pay bands, up to £35 an hour for Primary Essay Writing Classes.
- Tutor Referral Program: We offer an excellent £200 bonus to tutors who refer friends or colleagues to OxBridge Centre. Provision of this bonus is subject to your referral successfully passing the 2-month probation at OxBridge Centre as a tutor.
- Regular Homework Marking: Each lesson typically comes with no more than 3 homework pages that you will need to mark for your students each week along with actionable feedback.
- Progress Feedback: During our Progress Testing cycles (every 7 weeks for Year 4 and up, every 9 weeks for Year 3 and below), we may ask our tutors to provide feedback on below average performing students. A proforma and structured guidance is provided.
- Bi-Annual Reports: In order to maintain high standards of learning in class and provide excellent service to our customers, OxBridge Centre requires our tutors to complete detailed reports on their students at 2 points of the academic year to summate their achievements and feedback on ways to improve.
Please note: Once you apply for this role, if you do not hear back from us within 2 days, please check your Junk/Spam folder for communication for us. Once you have marked the email as 'Not Junk', all further communication will arrive in your inbox as expected.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we are eager to hear from you! We look forward to receiving your application soon.